Notification of your GST cancellation via email within 1 business day.
Fast and Secure GST Cancellation to the ATO
GST Cancellation for all Australian Businesses. Cancellation takes 2 minutes.
Please contact support during office hours if required.
Cancel your GST registration online, direct to the ATO
95% of cancellation submissions have their GST cancellation completed in 4 business hours. Email notification sent when completed.
Your cancellation is handled by licenced ATO tax agents. We can support you if you need help.
Cancel with our online form and have your GST registration cancelled quickly and easily. ATO agents will review your application and contact you if any changes may be required.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may choose to cancel your GST registration if your GST turnover is below the threshold for compulsory registration ($75,000).
You may need to cancel your GST registration if your business structure changes – such as from a partnership to a company.
If you are selling or closing your business, you must cancel your registration.
Even if you are under the threshold for compulsory registration, you cannot cancel your GST if you are operating a business and:
- are a taxi driver
- represent an individual who is bankrupt and is registered (or required to be registered) for GST
- are a business that is in liquidation and is registered (or required to be registered) for GST
- are an Australian resident who acts as an agent for a non-resident that is registered (or required to be registered) for GST.
You can choose the date you would like your GST registration to be cancelled. The date you choose should be the last day on which you want to be registered.
The ATO will usually cancel your GST registration from the date you choose; however you cannot:
- cancel your registration retrospectively if you were still operating on a GST-registered basis after the date you chose
- choose a cancellation date and then continue to operate on a GST-registered basis after that date.
Finally, if you are selling or closing your business, you must cancel your registration within 21 days of doing it.
On cancelling your GST registration, your fuel tax credit, luxury car tax and wine equalisation tax (WET) registrations are also cancelled, even if you keep your ABN.
You will need to keep lodging activity statements if you:
- are registered for pay as you go (PAYG) withholding
- are registered for PAYG instalments
- have fringe benefits tax obligations.
GST Register is an easy way to register for GST online with the ATO.
Australian Registration and Lodgement Services Pty Ltd
ABN: 53 630 861 219
© GST Register. All Rights Reserved.